Saturday, April 2, 2011

Strange Dreams

So Annika and I are on our little getaway Spring Break.  She is currently snoring away as she grabs a little cat nap.  Our sleep last night was interrupted.  Staying at an airport vicinity hotel always is like that.  We tried to go to sleep early.  Lights were out at 9 pm, but then the 4 of us got the giggles and laughed for a while.  Finally we were asleep until 3 am.  Then the first round of vacation started--Dean and Kirsten got up and I ran them to the airport at 4 am.  Back to the hotel where Annika and I watched 'Out of Africa' until about 5:30 am until we were able to go back to sleep.  Back up a few hours later and we started our day.  It has been a great one so far.

As I sit and listen to her snore, I am reminded of some of the strange dreams I have been having lately.  I am sometimes a rather vivid snoozer, but lately I have had some doozies.  I thought I would share just a couple.  Maybe one of you three that still read this can give me some psychological input on what they mean.

Dream #1:  I dreamed the other night that I was wearing a v-neck shirt.  Not unusual, I often do that.  We we traveling with an assorted cast of characters.  At one point, I was riding in a crowded van that stopped abruptly.  I was sent flying to the dash because I had no actual seat and instead was simply perched atop others.  I returned to my perch and we continued on.  Then we were walking down the street in a group.  Suddenly my brother-in-law from California was there.  He walked over to me and said simply 'uhm your boob is hanging out of your shirt'.  I looked down and sure enough my boob had popped out of my bra and out of the v-neck and was just flopping around there.  Everyone else seemed to be ignoring the incident, even Dean.  I.WAS.HORRIFIED!  I looked at my brother-in-law and I asked 'how long has it been that way????'.  'Oh about 1/2 an hour, I was just curious if you would notice.'. 

Dream #2:  I dreamed the other night that I was at the Dr.  They said that I should really have a picc IV line put in my hand.  I said no problem, I can do that and they agreed.  I spent what seemed like a half an hour trying to insert my own picc line.  I was SO proud of myself when I succeeded.  I forgot the dream until later that day when I was visiting my mother-in-law in the hospital and I saw the nurse flush her picc line out.  STRANGE.

Dream #3:  I was dreaming something nonsensical.  Thru-out the dream I kept hearing my cell phone ring.  The ring was the ring the kids set for Dean--the theme from Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail.  I never could find the phone.  Later I woke up and Dean was right with me and my phone was put away, so it definitely was not ringing in my sleep.

I hope tonight's dreams are more restful.  I also think I shouldn't wear a v-neck for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment