Sunday, July 4, 2010

Off to Mexico

This past week was completely chaotic.  It was filled with highs and lows.  It was also a week that felt like a month.  Its Sunday, the 4th of July and we are awaiting friends.  An annual tradition (when we are in town)...dinner, fireworks, laughter.  We wouldn't have it any other way.  Then, after we are sure that nothing is left burning, we will make some triple shot lattes, throw the last bag in the car and head to Seattle to catch a dawn flight to Cancun.  This past Monday I wasn't even sure if I would be going, but by Thursday night I knew that God definitely wanted Dean and I both to go, even if I have to return after only the first 6 nights.

I am getting pretty good at packing.  If it wasn't for the 2 large suitcases of donated items that we have to take down, I would have only a small duffel to take.  I am pretty proud of that.  I am also looking forward to  a week where I leave my hairdryer and curling iron behind and enjoy meeting new people and experiencing new places.  Every time we make these types of trips, we always wonder if maybe one day we will be led to move there and work/serve on a full-time basis.  For now, we are looking forward to experiencing the trip with some that have never gone.

It was very hard for me to get to this point this year...very tough.  A lot of obstacles were put in my path.  As I sit here, 5 hours from departure time, I am excited and anxious and stoked to see what will happen this week.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment