Thursday, July 29, 2010

If you aren’t going to use spell check...

So I’m back at it again. Going thru resumes, only this time its for MY replacement. My heart does go out to people looking for work. It is not an easy thing. I just hope and pray that my semi-retirement strategy works out positively so that I will not have to be in that position myself. But now, I am going thru yet another stack of resumes. I am not a person that gets shocked easily, but I have to admit I am sitting here shaking my head at some of the things that people have sent in.

One person decided to include a handwritten note along with their form cover letter and resume. Ok, so on the surface might not be a bad idea...show her penmanship, add a personal touch. Then I READ the note. I feel I need to include excerpts of the note to properly do it justice:

Attn: Humane Resource Dept. I didn’t want to miss this oppotunity to send your company a copy of my resume and cover letter and the add didn’t state when you are closing this position...

So, were you counting errors? OH.MY.GOODNESS.

I have one applicant that included a copy of a special certificate that shows she has passed some sort of course work regarding urine collection. GOOD.TO.KNOW. Again, the thought enters my mind, what kind of law firm does she think we are running here?

Oh wait, here is a cute one...she included a little cartoon graphic of a globe on her cover letter. How, ... colorful??...
 
Back to the stack.

No comments:

Post a Comment