Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Happy 21st Birthday Joshua!


a few years ago...

It is true, I am mother to a 21 year old!  Today is Joshua Michael Haan's 21st birthday.  He is currently in Paris, studying (or at least that is what the college tells me he is doing so that I will still feel the need to send tuition payment).  Seriously, I know he is studying (or should I say learning) as he treks his way between France, Italy and Switzerland.  He is winding down this adventure and should be home soon.  This is the first time that we have not been able to celebrate his birthday together.  Last year I don't believe we were with him on his EXACT day, but we were able to celebrate together.  I WAS able to i/m with him earlier today, so I know that he was planning on eating dinner out and was enjoying his day.


I told him he needed a haircut before he left....isn't that what mother's do???

It is had to believe that 21 years has passed.  I can still remember the morning he was born.  Still remember his strength as a newborn to hold his head up on his own and look around.  That should have been my first clue that he was going to be the ever-observant human that he still is today.  He doesn't make a lot of noise, but he is very discerning and has taught me a thing or two about being still and observing.

Happy 21st birthday Joshua!  I can't wait to see what the next year brings for you!  Love you always, Mom


Switzerland (I think)

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for your son to be able to take this trip. And Happy be-lated Birthday to him. I hope that when he gets home you can spend some time together and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete