Monday, June 14, 2010

Memory Monday-Cleaning

Our oldest, Josh, came home last Friday.  He just finished his sophomore year at Seattle Pacific University.  It is great to have him back home for the summer..even though I do have to remind myself that it's ok if his belongings overflow his room into the bonus room AND its ok if he doesn't make his bed all summer.  He is a fun kid to have around and I know that this may be the last summer he is home, maybe not, but it might be, so I am not going to complain if there is an extra pile of laundry on my utility room floor (after all he will wash his OWN laundry).  I'm not going to complain  if we go thru multiple gallons of chocolate milk in one week (one of his favorite things to drink), or if he drinks the last can of coke and forgets to put a new pack in the referigerator so that it is cold and ready when I have a craving.  Nope.  I will keep reminding myself that it is ALL good.
Right now I am in the midst of some organization projects.  One of the things I want to tackle is photo albums.  As I was going thru the really old ones, I laughed at the many pictures of Joshua as a toddler.  Being our first, of course there are a lot of pictures of him.  The thing that I found amusing today, were the many pictures of Josh cleaning.  As a toddler he LOVED to have things picked up.  He was very good at gathering up his belongings (and those of others) and hauling them to where they needed to be.  He would often disappear and I would find him in the bathroom cleaning the tub, or the sink.  I am not sure if he felt I wasn't keeping a clean enough house, OR if he was trying to imitate me.  The most rational explanation is that he was trying to imitate his Grandma Crosno who is THE QUEEN of housecleaning.  That HAS to be it.  He always had a thing for his Grandma.  After all, she kept a pantry full of snacks that were always ready for him when he visited.  She still does.
So in honor of Memory Monday, I am posting a few pictures of Joshua cleaning.  I am a little concerned at showing the one of him cleaning the tub, because the tub honestly looks disgusting...it needed a good scrubbing!  In my defense, that was a VERY old house and the finish on the tub had long since eroded.  When he is home this summer, I wonder if I can get Josh to clean my shower??? hmmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. sweet post..my son also enjoyed cleaning as a toddler..LOL had his own vacuum..it was a toy but actually sucked up dust bunnies and such..he would ask for a feather duster or cleaning clothes and a gift for birthdays LOL He absolutely LOVES Sham-Wows ...crazy eh?

    Thanks for the smiles :)

    ReplyDelete