Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Age difference

I am at job #2 today.  We had a new receptionist start.  Actually she isn't entirely 'new', she worked for us a few years back and has now returned.  So, we were standing around talking and she notices my foot.  My foot is a mess today...it looks like I dropped a brick on it.  The reality is that my darn bursitis is acting up.  Awesome.  So our conversation went something like this:

Her:   "What happened to your foot?"
Me:  "It is bursitis inflammation"
Her:  "What is that?"
Me:  "Something old people get"
Her:  "Oh, it looks horrible.  Do you want to see my bruise?"
Me:  "Sure"
Her, pulling pantleg up reveals a large bruise covering her knee.
Me: "What happened?"
Her:  "Oh, I was drunk and tried to jump into a boat this weekend, I didn't make it."
Me:  "Your story is much more interesting than mine".

And I was again reminded of our difference in age....

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor dear Kim. I got a nasty burn on my leg last fall.Really nasty! How did I get it? I burned it on a motorcycle tailpipe when I was drunk out of my mind after consuming both wine and absinthe. Oh what a night that was! Still learning lessons after all these years. :)

    ReplyDelete